Tips and Tricks for your Hot Water
In our economic climate, it’s not unusual to want to save a little money! Here are some water heater tips to stretch your dollar.
- Check the temperature setting on your water heater and inspect for possible leaks. The recommended setting is 70 degrees Celsius.
- Don’t leave the hot water running when you rinse dishes, brush your teeth or shave. This will reduce the amount of energy that is needed to heat the hot water in your tank and save on your energy bill too!
- Take short showers and run more shallow baths.
- If you don’t mind having lower water pressure in the shower, install a low-flow faucet aerator or low-flow showerhead to save on water consumption and reduce water heating costs.
- Switch from an ENERGY STAR certified water heater (rebates are usually available)
- Go tankless! Switch to a tankless gas water heater for significant energy savings.
- Wait to wash clothing and dishes until you have a full load.
- Use cold water when you run the dishwasher or mashing machine. (Cold water laundry also helps to keep your colors brighter longer!)
- Buy a high-efficiency washing machine when you need to replace your clothes washer.